Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tupelo!




I had the coolest opportunity last weekend! I traveled to Tupelo, Mississippi for the Episcopal Diocese of Mississippi’s Diocesan Counsel. Basically that’s a complicated way of saying I attended a convention with Episcopalians from all over the state. Butch and Elizabeth (my bosses) needed to attend because Elizabeth is an Episcopal priest. They also invited Lindsay (the Volunteer Concierge) and ME! I’m an Episcopalian so they figured I would enjoy it. While Butch and Elizabeth were in meetings, Lindsay and I worked at a Mission on the Bay booth and told people about our organization. It was really cool! On Saturday night after the meetings there was a catfish fry and a dance! I never thought I could have that much fun with a group of Episcopal priests, but it was definitely a great time. The next day we visited the birthplace of Elvis and drove the 5 hours back to Bay Saint Louis. Luckily we made it home just in time for the Super Bowl. WHO DAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment